Thursday, November 7, 2013

Happenings

So, Halloween is done and the real English weather is settling in. One of my favorite new things is to exploring the city as a family. We luckily woke up last Sunday to a beautiful sunny morning and so loaded up on our bikes for a chilly morning spent roaming the street of Oxford. Zooey loves running around the various courtyards near the Bodleian Library.

Yes, I am wearing leg-warmers.
Toddlers are so good at being told to be silent.

We were walking along and I said, "Josh, we have to stop and take a picture." "why?" "Because there are several things that I like all right there together. Trees with Autumn leaves, old buildings with history, narrow cobble-stone streets, blue sky with puffy clouds, green grass, and bikes." "Oh, ok."


Last week for Halloween, my new friend, Rebecca, and I took our kiddos to Millet's farm for the Halloween Howl. 

Z was a super-hero.
Toddler mosh-pit

I love this picture! Z was trying really hard to not get pumpkin slime on his hands. He's using a spoon to scoop it out.
Here I'm showing him a good way to lose a thumb.
Don't worry, i still have all ten fingers

Spookley the square pumpkin!

I don't know when the last time we were all three in a picture together. 
In honor of Spookley and tolerance of others everywhere, Zooey picked out a messed up pumpkin from the patch. I had grown upside down and was pear shaped. He hugged it and happily carried/dropped it all the way to the car. 

Also, he found the bat costume i made for him from last year. I remember packing it, thinking that it still fit. Nope, but Z doesn't mind the 3 quarter length sleeves one bit.

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment