Monday, February 7, 2011

peas and prunes and pears - Oh My!

After being introduced to a handful of solids Zooey went 5 days without pooping! That paired with two allergic reactions in one week resulted in a pear and prune diet for the next several days. That makes it a bit difficult to introduce new foods. Now it seems like we're back on track so I've spent a few naptimes making and storing baby food. Cooking is not my favorite thing to do. I'm so thankful for a husband who finds cooking healthy meals stress relieving, but I do like making baby food. Simple steps of preparation and cooking, then blending and spooning into cute little organizing containers are right up my alley.

Poof! Healthy food for a happy baby.

Last weekend it was butternut squash,
pears


and prunes (for obvious reasons).


Zooey loved liking prunes right off the spoon.

This weekend we have peas,

apples
and carrots.

Zooey is so cute. When he sees me put colorful ice cubes into a small bowl, he begins kicking his legs and bouncing around. He knows it's time to eat, and he likes to eat.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly,
    I found my way here via facebook.
    Yay for natural childbirth, breastfeeding, and home made baby food!!! These are things I hold near and dear to my heart. My 4 year old never had a drop of formula or any food that came from a jar and I am so very proud of that :)She is a very healthy (but picky) eater now and I attribute a lot of that to an early start on natural foods.
    Zooey is SO handsome! I know you are an amazing Mama! I so wish we lived closer, I think we have a lot in common.
    I am 15 weeks pregnant with baby #2 now and elated to have another baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work with all the baby food! And I looooove seeing pictures of that little man. He's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you for being so hands on! You make me proud and the baby food looks so yummy! I know I still haven't called you back, but I will plan to do so this weekend. I'm sitting in front of a computer even more these days so I forget to use the phone after I detach myself for the night. Would love to catch up. And YES I would love for you to send me books, clothes, a brief "Baby 101 by Kelly Shepherd", etc. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete