Friday, January 14, 2011

Grateful for the Morning

Our mornings can be a bit hectic. It really depends on Zooey's sleep (or lack of). Josh and I have a great tag-team effort. Before leaving for work there needs to/ should be showers, pumping, dressing, blowing raspberries on Zooey's tummy, diapering, COFFEE, and packing bookbag, daycare bag, pump, lunch (I seriously walk out the door with at least 4 bags.)

When Zooey first wakes up, we put him in our bed for a little family snuggle time before our busy day. On this particular morning, Zooey was babbling away as I left him with Josh and pulled myself out of bed to get ready for work. Josh didn't have school, so I was on my own to face the day at that hour.

About 45 minutes later I was ready to leave and realized how quiet it was. I walked into our bedroom to see Josh and Zooey in a precious snuggle that brought tears to my eyes and took everything in my not to kick off my shoes and call in sick.

They were facing each other and Zooey's hand were entwined in Josh's beard. He had pulled his body to almost wrap around Josh's face and they were both sound asleep. My two true loves.

In that moment I was reminded of the many things to be grateful for and mindful of in my life. The memory of that morning is one of them.

3 comments:

  1. Hey - It's Lizbeth - I'm glad I saw your post on Ra's blog....This post is beautiful! Your family is so sweet! I remember the feeling of the many bags and pumping all the time and everywhere so that my baby would only have my milk I'd like to offer any encouragement I can! I'd lobe to get together for dinner or lunch sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! You must take a picture next time. And consider calling in sick a little more seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to add my email - lizbethchilds - at - gmail.

    ReplyDelete