Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Our Days

Our days have been pretty full and fun -say the least- and we are just now, some what, settling into a rhythm. Zooey wakes us up every morning with the request for Cheerios; Josh and I play 'chicken' to see who is going to be the first one to break and get out of bed. Coffee, multiple bowls of Cheerios, reading, trying to distract Zooey enough to limit the amount of stomping he does (we are in an upstairs flat - sorry neighbor.), and then Josh leaves. 

I must admit, I don't know who the transition to "stay at home Mommy" has been harder for. Most days are fairly smooth and eventful. There are some crafts, songs, games, a lot of park time and field trips to explore together. I'm really thankful for the tons of time together and that i have someone to explore with. 

Then other days...we fight like brother and sister. I don't know who is in control - it doesn't feel like me. Honestly, my little brother was much easier to boss around. 

Those days have me doubting what I'm doing here, with Zooey, in Oxford, in my life, in Josh's life, in Z's life, in my friend's life, in my creative life,  etc...( this list spirals to a pretty dismal place - ending in the fetal position.)

I've been reading a lot from blogs that I follow about 'rhythm' in one's home/daily life. It's definitely something I'm seeking - I think all three of us are. I've noticed that the first thing that I had to accept when trying to establish 'rhythm' for us, was that I wasn't going to be in control of it all - and that I shouldn't be attempting to be so. Whew! That's a biggie! For a lot of people, but, in my case, for teachers, 'control of your classroom' is a must. Seeing that it's now fall and my teacher friends are sending me pictures and stories of their new classrooms - I, myself ,have attempted to carve a few "teacher-y" spaces in our flat. I made a calendar, pencil and marker cups, and a lot of Z and my conversations have been about Autumn and apples and the letter 'a'. 




No comments:

Post a Comment